Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mama! There's a rainbow!

Just last week I was begging the rain to stop, and this morning I found myself praying to the rain gods. Please, just a little bit of cooling, beautiful rain! And then, finally, it came. We all had to run outside and play in the rain! I haven't done that in so long, it felt beautiful! Julie, Joey, and I probably looked like crazy people running up and down the streets in the rivers created by the heavy rain! But, it was so worth it. Right after I came inside, they all came running in (tracking water EVERYWHERE) to announce the presence of a rainbow! I, of course, totally missed it, since I was changing my clothes.
Me, before the rain. Sigh.

I have no idea why it's taken me this long to find my inner child and go play in the rain again... At first, it was cold and kind of scary, but as soon as I got out in it, we had a great time! It was so cool after the heat and humidity that plagued us all day that I can't think of a better way to spend my time. I hope it rains tomorrow!

Before that, we decided to get out of this heat and go have dinner at McDonald's. Even though it's not the best food I've ever tasted in my life, we all had fun eating a 50 piece McNugget meal, and enjoying free McFlurries with the coupons we got at the Shrek party! Hurray!

The heat and lack of air conditioning has led us to do all kinds of stuff that we don't usually do, so this "experiment" is actually kind of successful, even though it's been slightly miserable. I've never looked forward to going to other people's houses, running in the rain, or going to McDonald's so much before in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment